Ringing in a Usable New Year
To ring in 2012, we’re taking stock of how far we’ve come, and giving some thought to the direction we are heading.
2011 – A Year in Review
In January of 2011 we outlined our company resolutions for the coming year. Of the three we set, two resolutions were fully achieved, and the third is well on its way – that’s something to be proud of!
- Mobile UX design – Sadly, our first resolution of 2011 was the least successful; despite our efforts, we only secured two mobile projects. However, as we head into 2012, we are excited to note that more mobile projects are heading our way. Better late than never!
- Evangelize UX – This was arguably our most successful resolution: over 2011 we strengthened our relationship with UX Social Hour and BostonPHP. Through UX Social Hour we’ve maintained new and old relationships with UX professionals in the area. With BostonPHP we co-hosted and organized several UX oriented events including Usability Speed Dating night with Steve Krug, Gamestorming with David Gray, Google Analytics with Justin Cutroni, and Paper Prototyping with Christine Perfetti. Check back on the blog soon for information on upcoming events – we are eager to continue in 2012.
- Grow – In the past twelve months we’ve grown the company from four to six full time team members, and we’ve doubled our revenue. It doesn’t get much better than that.
2012 – The Future Vision
What’s next for ATF? Here are a few of our resolutions for 2012:
- Double Our Revenue – It worked so well last year (and the year before that) that we can’t help but want to do it again. We have a good feeling about 2012, and we are excited for the challenge of continued company growth.
- User Experience Education – We’re very pleased to see how evangelizing UX has helped build relationships and increase local UX awareness. For 2012, we’re taking it all a step farther: we’ll be offering workshops and webinars through out the year. To begin, we’ll offer workshops to our clients on subjects ranging from “How is UX Relevant to Your Product?” to “Day to Day UX Design.” In addition, we’ll be offering a variety of webinars to the public – check back in the next few months for more details.
- Continue to Cultivate a Quality Team – As we expand, it is imperative for us to find, hire and retain UX professionals who can meet the high level of quality our clients expect from us. We will continue to search for the best of the best and refine our processes, company and employee benefits to attract those who want what we want: the best user experience on every project we complete.
2012 has a lot to live up to – and with your help we know we can make this the best year ATF has seen yet. What resolutions have you created for 2012?
Happy New Year!